Foot Care Tips – Our Feet Deserves Equal Attention
There was a time when mankind used to roam this earth barefoot. But now thinking about doing the same may be considered preposterous. Over the years, we have discovered ways to do proper foot care, so we are overall healthy and able to do our activities. When we say we need to pamper ourselves the last thing we think about is our feet. Even though it is as important as any other part of our body, we tend to give it a step motherly treatment. Like your face and hands, your feet should also be taken care of. Foot care starts with simple things like a proper shoe or sock. But there are so many foot care tips you can follow and we have provided that to you in this article.
Foot Care Tips to Follow
By following some good foot care tips you can take care of your feet too. The first mistake many of us do to harm our feet is to buy one of the most uncomfortable shoes. If you are a working person you have to consider that you would be in these shoes for a great part of the day. Buying a good shoe is always very important. Whenever you go to buy shoes, check your foot size, because the sizes of your feet may differ. Considering that, you should buy shoe for the biggest foot. It is better to go shopping for shoes in late afternoons as our feet swell the most during this time of the day.
Yoga has been spreading like a wild fire and you can try some yoga asanas, which would be useful for your feet. There was a time when walking was the only mode of transport in our lives and due to which our feet used to get the proper exercise. Nowadays, there is less walking and more of sitting in the car, waiting to reach our destination. So exercising is a good way to help your feet.
Proper personal hygiene would help your feet from getting infected by any of the skin diseases or other foot problems. Change your socks daily and see to it that is of good material which would help in the breathing process of your feet.
Some simple and easy ways to take care of your feet
- Scrubbing your feet with pumice stone will help remove the dead and dry skin;
- Apply foot cream before going to bed to prevent any cracked heels problems;
- If your feet smell, use talcum powder or foot sprays this would keep your feet dry and clean;
- Soak your feet for 10 minutes in warm water which is mixed with salt and add drops of lavender oil to relax your feet;
- Hot and cold treatment also works very well for your feet. To improve blood circulation, dip your feet in hot water then in cold water alternatively;
- Soaking your feet in warm water mixed with shampoo, helps your toe nails immensely;
- To fight cracked heels. Mix few drops of lemon juice in Vaseline and apply it at the required area
- Almond Oil is very good for your skin. Applying it regularly to your feet after bath will get you a smooth result; and
- Regular pedicure is also very essential to have clean and good feet.